Before I get into giving this months Yoga Pose I need to say a massive THANK YOU to everyone that has been supporting this blog, out Youtube Channel and those that have started following or considering becoming Patrons on our Patreon Page. Through this support we are able to keep creating Yoga, Meditation, vegan, Vegetarian foods and doing our blog.
In July we are also going to be Giving away 5 crystal chip bracelets to our NEW PATREON PATRONS that pledged in MAY-JUNE to show our gratitude for your support
So this months pose is a well know one that is in every yogis program…..! so which one is it??? Downward dog of cause!. this pose is awesome and helps so much with the bodies movement and overall stretch.
Here are the benefits of Downward Dog..
- It builds strong bones.
- Improves posture
- Helps clear the head.
- Helps the gastrointestinal system move freely
- Builds strength and flexibility
- Helps give you that fresh glow in the skin from improved circulation.
- Thanks to the calves and ankle stretch it improves runners performance.
So now we know some of the benefits lets get started…
- Come on to all fours with your wrists under your shoulders and knees under your hips.
- Tuck under your toes and lift your hips up off the floor as you draw them up at back towards your heels.
- Keep your knees slightly bent if your hamstrings are tight, otherwise try and straighten out your legs while keeping your hips back.
- Walk your hands forward to give yourself more length if you need to.
- Press firmly through your palms and rotate the inner elbows towards each other.
- Hollow out the abdominals and keep engaging your legs to keep the torso moving back towards the thighs.
- Hold for 5-8 breaths before dropping back to hands and knees to rest.
You will now feel a fabulous release in your back, shoulders, neck, hips, hamstrings, calves, and ankles.
Adding this yoga posture to your everyday practice will begin to help relieve tension and strain in the entire body so give it a go.
Love to all….❤️