I have always found that if I work on one yoga pose every month and become comfortable and anatomically correct that I am able to achieve a much more cohesive flow when the pose is added to my yoga flow.
So to go with this theme I have decided to write a mini blog on a different pose each month starting with the very simple but super awesome Mountain pose. This pose helps to
- Steadies breathing.
- Improves posture.
- Relieves the pain of sciatica.
- Increases strength, power, and mobility in the feet, legs, and hips.
- Reduces flat feet and the impact that they cause.
- Strengthens the thighs, knees, and ankles.
- Increases awareness of your surroundings.
- Firms the abdomen and buttocks.
- Increases whole body awareness.
So how do we get into this posture and make it work for us, it seems easy enough yet done correctly can increase the benefits greatly as it isn’t just standing still in one spot.
Here is a easy guide to becoming the mountain with this pose.
- Stand tall with feet together.
- Keep shoulders relaxed.
- Weight is evenly distributed through your soles.
- Place your arms at sides.
- Take a deep breath and raise your hands overhead.
- have palms facing each other with arms straight.
- Reach up toward the sky with your fingertips.
- Exhale and return your arms back by your sides.
- become aware of wether your lower back is in a neutral position and that NO pain is being brought into the lower back, shoulders or neck areas.
That’s it….easy and full of benefits, practice this everyday and integrate it into your daily routine to increase the benefits of your overall practice.
Love to all.